ANSS Homoeo Medical College
The ANSS HMC has established a tradition rarely to be noticed in any other similar institution in India. It is a monument to the cherished objects of its selfless and devoted founder H.H. Swamy Athuradasji who felt the need of an ideal and efficient institution for the teaching of Homoeopathy free from commercialism and narrow minded out look.
The foundation stone of the college building was laid on 16th May 1955 by H.H.Raj Pramukh of Travancore – Cochin State. The college was inaugurated by Dr.K.G.Saxena, Homoeopathic Physician to the Hon. President of India on 14th July 1958. It was an event which ushered in a new era for the further development of Homoeopathic Medical Education in India, particularly in Kerala State. Subsequently in the year 1978 the management and ownership of the Institution along with assets were transferred to the Nair Service Society, one of the foremost educational agency in India which manages several Arts & Science Colleges, Training Colleges, Schools, Engineering College, Polytechnic College and Multi Speciality Hospitals, Working Women’s Hostel etc.
Our college conducts UG Course (BHMS) in Homoeopathy since 1983 after the abolition of Diploma Course (DHMS) by the State Government. The college is situated at Sachivothamapuram, 10 km south to Kottayam. It has 610 cents of land with 45000 sq.ft. building there in. The State and Central Government has established a Homoeopathic Medical Collegiate Hospital and Central Research Institute respectively very close to the college for imparting clinical training to the students of our college. The college is furnished with fullfledged departments, Lecture halls, Museums, Dissection hall, Laboratories, Auditorium, Seminar Hall, Audio Visual Hall, Girls Hostel etc. We have established a Drug Proving Research Programme under the guide lines of Central Research Institute of Homoeopathy.
As a part of Community Service the College conducts three Out-Patient Units with In-Patient Wards in the Collegiate Hospital, Peripheral Clinics at adjacent rural areas and four OP units in the newly constructed Collegiate Hospital. During the times of epidemics, special medical and awareness camps are conducted at various centers.